UNDER THE LAW.
In 1978, he left the practice of law to attend Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. Before graduation, he accepted the position of Pastor at Emmanuel Church in Decatur, Illinois. While pastoring, he finished his Master of Divinity degree and only left this position in the fall of 1987 due to the ill health of his mother. After his mother’s death, he returned to law practice in Atlanta, Georgia for five years prior to returning to Athens, Georgia.
Throughout his legal career, Mr. Durden has concentrated his legal endeavors in the area of trial practice. His professional associations have included the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, American Bar Association, and Christian Legal Society. His community involvement has included membership on the Board of Directors in a local chapter of Little League, volunteer assistant coach of Junior High baseball and basketball in Illinois, volunteer assistant in high school baseball in Illinois, coach of Little League, Senior League and Youth Baseball in Athens, Georgia. He is a teacher/speaker at Bible Conferences and Bible studies. Mr. Durden is married to Pamela Poole of Atlanta, Georgia and is the proud father of five children from a blended family. He and his wife are involved in the Walk to Emmaus community and they are active members of Grace Fellowship Church of God.
EDUCATION & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Georgia Bar Admission: 1972
- Admitted to Practice: Georgia Trial Courts; Supreme Court of Georgia and Court of Appeals of Georgia; U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern District of Georgia; 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals; U.S. Supreme Court
- Law School: University of Georgia, J.D., 1972
- Undergraduate: University of Georgia, B.B.A, 1969
- Other: Asbury Theolgical Seminary, M.Div, 1986
- Member: Western Circuit Bar Association; State Bar of Georgia